Psychotherapy and Counselling in Eastbourne and Surrounding Areas
What is therapy and how can it help me?
Psychotherapy and Counselling is a process that can help all individuals through troubling and turbulent times of their lives, and also help to better understand themselves, their behaviours and reactions better.
At the core psychotherapy, is to help you gain a better understanding of the issues that are troubling. The therapist and you can work towards new ways of approaching situations that you find challenging, as well as developing new ways to help you cope. At Calm Journey, the trust you develop with your therapist is very important, and as therapy continues, you will soon realise that there aren’t many relationships that holds you in a completely non judgemental, supportive and positive way.
Therapy does not ‘just’ involve talking about your areas of concern, but helps you work towards solutions. Depending on your concern, your therapy may involve homework such as: tracking your moods, writing about your thoughts or taking part in activities that have caused or are causing you anxiety.
*Peer Support Mentoring will need to be discussed and will depend upon whether sessions are combined with Psychotherapy sessions or taken individually.
Book your Free Consultation
You can book your free initial consultation or session with us now by clicking on your chosen therapist. This shows their information, session costs and live availability
Calm Journey Psychotherapists can help you:
- Understand your problems
- Define and reach wellness goals
- Overcome fears or insecurities
- Cope with stress
- Make sense of past traumatic experiences
- Separate your true personality from the mood swings caused by your current turbulence
- Identify triggers that may worsen your symptoms
- Improve relationships with family and friends
- Establish a stable, dependable routine
- Develop a plan for coping with crises
- Understand why things bother you and what you can do about them
- End destructive habits such as drinking, using drugs or overspending.
Would you like us to Contact You?
All therapists at Calm Journey are Integrated Psychotherapists. What is an Integrated Psychotherapist?
An Integrated Psychotherapist is a therapist that has experience and knowledge in a number of different approaches and methodologies
including for example:
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- PCA (Person Centred Approach)
- Psychodynamic Approach (Psychodynamics)
- REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy)
This means they have a broader number of approaches and tools to help you help yourself. This is normally discussed in the first session
How do I get started?
Make a list of the things that are bothering you and the issues you would like help with. Bring it with you to your first appointment. You might include:
- Issues in your family or other relationships
- Symptoms like changes in eating or sleeping habits
- Anger, anxiety, irritability or troubling feelings
- Thoughts of hurting yourself
In your first few sessions, you will probably do most of the talking. You should tell the therapist why you are there and what you would like to get from therapy. Make a list of short- and long-term goals with your therapist at the beginning of treatment. After a few sessions, your therapist may be able to give you an idea of how long therapy will take and when you can expect to see changes in yourself.
Here at Calm Journey Therapy, we understand that life happens! And things can come up that prevent us attending a pre booked session. If this does happen, please notify us as soon as possible as we like 24 hours notice to cancel a session.
If you have made a booking using our automatic booking system, you can cancel or reschedule your appointment up to 6 hours before the start of your session using your confirmation email. Any time after that and unfortunately the system will not allow you to cancel or change your session. Please however, still contact your therapist directly or use the Calm Journey Therapy number: 07487754683. Regrettably depending on the reason for your cancellation, you may incur a charge.