Reduced Cost Counselling in Eastbourne
Calm Journey offers reduced cost counselling to anyone who requires support. Session costs are £10 per session, although we do ask for you to contribute more if you can and feel it is appropriate. Your sessions will be held by a student therapist, who has gone through intense training to become a therapist and needs to work with a number of clients before qualifying. It is important to know that there is no difference between a student and qualified practitioner in terms of ethics, insurance, supervision and level of service offered.
- The primary difference between a student and qualified therapist is the time they have been seeing clients. It bears no reference to their skill set.
For example a student in their third year will have hundreds of hours of experience but will still be put into the same category as a student who has just started. All Calm Journey therapists are as a minimum required to be in their second year of academic studies.
- All student therapists are supported by the qualified therapists at Calm Journey, as well as their own personal supervisor. This ensures that you are supported by the ethics Calm Journey, the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and other governing bodies expect.
- All Student therapists are fully Insured, DBS checked, in supervision and adhere to the ethical framework of the BACP
All Calm Journey Student Practitioners offer a free 15 minute phone consultation. Sessions costs are a minimum of £10 per session, but we ask you to contribute what you feel is appropriate (Please discuss this with your chosen therapist)*
How do I get started?
Make a list of the things that are bothering you and the issues you would like help with. Bring it with you to your first appointment. You might include
- Issues in your family or other relationships
- Symptoms like changes in eating or sleeping habits
- Anger, anxiety, irritability or troubling feelings
In your first few sessions, you will probably do most of the talking. You should tell the therapist why you are there and what you would like to get from therapy. Make a list of short- and long-term goals with your therapist at the beginning of treatment. After a few sessions, your therapist may be able to give you an idea of how long therapy will take and when you can expect to see changes in yourself.
Would you like us to Contact You to Book?
Here at Calm Journey Therapy, we understand that life happens! And things can come up that prevent us attending a pre booked session. If this does happen, please notify us as soon as possible as we like 24 hours notice to cancel a session.
If you have made a booking using our automatic booking system, you can cancel or reschedule your appointment up to 6 hours before the start of your session using your confirmation email. Any time after that and unfortunately the system will not allow you to cancel or change your session. Please however, still contact your therapist directly or use the Calm Journey Therapy number: 07487754683. Regrettably depending on the reason for your cancellation, you may incur a charge.